Today's post is all about eating well and staying active.Something that I, myself need to remember! I've noticed I have a way more productive day if I get up and do some form of physical activity in the morning before I begin my day - the checklists get checked, I'm more motivated to chop up all those veggies for a quality stir fry or salad, and, overall I feel accomplished and more positive.
Some examples include: a morning walk, bike ride, jog, walk the dog, kayak, swim, weights, yoga or pilates class, etc.
So, remember, next time you find yourself feeling unmotivated and/or down in the dumps, set that alarm, get out, n' get active! Here are a few recipes for my favorite go-to smoothies and salads...
- Blend 1 scoop of your fav protein powder with 1 frozen banana, 2 Tb flax seeds, a small handful of spinach, and about 3/4 cup almond milk, add your choice of fruit:
Tropical Blast- about 10 blueberries, 3 chunks of pineapple, a slice of green apple
Strawberry Sunrise- 4 frozen sliced peaches, about 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, splash of OJ.
Or your favorite combo - just make sure it fits in the blender!
Blend everything until smooth and drink it before it gets warm!
I love a quality, chopped, veggie-filled salad. And when you're motivated, its fun to throw in all of your favorite veggies (or those you have on hand) into a big bowl with some yummy (low cal) dressing.
- I start with a combination of butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce and/or spinach, chopped bite-size.
- Next comes the veggies, which usually include all or some of the following: grape tomatoes, yellow onion, feta cheese, cucumbers, hearts of palm, red bell peppers, raddichio, carrots, mushrooms, deli turkey or grilled chicken, kalamata olives (these act as my salt component), broccoli or cauliflower, etc.
- As for the dressing, be sure you read the nutrition label to see the serving size as well as how many calories, sodium and fat are in each serving before u pile it on.
- Top with loads of fresh, black pepper and voila! Yum!
If you can manage to get a little activity 2-4 times a week and indulge in your favorite veggies and fruits, you should notice your mood and confidence levels perk right up!