Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Chilli" after Tropical Storm Issac

Made a big batch of my delicious chili last night for dinner- even though Tropical Storm Issac missed us (as far as any damage/ flooding), it still felt like a great idea to hunker down with a soothing bowl of slightly spicy, meat-filled chili! 


Being from TX, my chili never has beans and usually includes at least 2 kinds of meat (I change up the recipe every time though). Last night's was a combo of 75/25 and 80/20 chuck. But sometimes I include a mix of ground turkey, Italian sausage, chorizo, etc... 
Also in TX, we typically serve our chili over Fritos corn chips instead of cornbread. I do mine with a layer of Fritos, minced yellow onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and then a pile of the steaming, meat-packed chili, topped with more onions and more cheese. Grab a big spoon and dig in while the cheese melts!

No comments: